did you plateau OR fall off the wagon?
Have your weight loss results stopped? Or never got started?
Before you blame a fitness plateau for your lack of results let’s take a hard look at the following:
1. Your Diet: It’s human nature to begin to slip on your nutrition after a few weeks of stringent diligence. A small treat here, and a bite of something there, and before you know it you’ve fallen back into old eating habits. If your results have stopped then take the next few weeks to track your nutrition and hold yourself accountable for every bite.
2. Your Workouts: If your nutrition has truly stayed on point then your workouts could be the problem. Are you slacking on the final few reps? Have you reduced your overall intensity in the gym? Did you skip a few sessions last week? Before you blame a plateau for your reduced results take a really hard look at your effort in the gym. Rededicate yourself to pushing as hard as you can.
3. Your Sleep: This is a tough one for so many people, but you simply must be getting adequate sleep in order to lose fat and develop muscle. Your body needs close to eight hours of sleep each night in order to recover from your workouts and to maintain balanced hormone levels. Getting to bed on time is vitally important to your fitness results.
If you have tackled the three steps above and still don’t see the number on your scale moving in the right direction, then move on to these next plateau-busting steps…
4. Track Your Efforts: It’s time to get meticulous with tracking your fitness efforts, from exactly what your workouts consist of, to exactly what and when you eat in order to constantly improve. Make it your goal to outdo yourself every day. If you’re constantly performing better today than you were yesterday, then your plateau will quickly become a distant memory.
5. Track Your Results: Simply checking your weight on the scale is not a thorough enough measurement for your progress. Start tracking additional metrics for change. Take your measurements. Have your bodyfat tested. Take pictures of yourself weekly. It’s important to be fully aware of how your body is changing as a whole unit, not just the number on the scale. You may be surprised to find that your body fat has been dropping while your weight has stayed the same.
See me for additional strategies on breaking through your fitness plateau. Together we will get you on a program that will melt fat and expose shape and definition.
Call or email me today to get started. Let’s do this!
Dedicated To Making Healthy Your Habit,
Need more motivation? Want to find out how to eat healthier, move a little more, feel better and probably lose some fat too?
Join our online fitness community. Get your questions answered and let's start making your health goals easier...and fun again!
|Health and Fitness Can Be Fun|
|Closed group · 5325 members|
|Welcome! I created this group as a resource for everyone trying to create healthier lives for themselves. And while creating a healthier new you will ...|
Ooops, that was bad
Once in a while you are going to have a bad week. Your nutrition will be off, your workouts will be weak, and your head will not be in the game.
Remember that you are human, and that sometimes your body needs a little break. The key is to take care of yourself in that moment, to not let yourself stray too far off your fitness plan during the time of rest, and to then get yourself back on track next week.
Many people allow a bad week to spiral into a bad month, or even a bad year. My hope for you is that you’re able to give yourself time to rest and then quickly get back to your program in full force, rested and ready to get at it!
Favorite Beef Brisket
It’s important to enjoy whole food protein sources like this Easy Beef Brisket in your fitness meal plan. In addition to being one of the most delicious dishes you’ll ever make, you may be surprised to find it is one of the easiest.
Don’t let the lengthy cook time deter you. It’s as simple as mixing up a marinade, letting it sit overnight, and then popping it in the oven to slow cook for half of the day. Make it on the weekend and enjoy the delightful aroma as it cooks.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What you need
5 cloves Garlic
4 cups beef broth
1 cup coconut aminos
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
5 pounds beef brisket
1. Combine all of the ingredients, except the brisket, in a bowl. Mix well.
2. Place the brisket in a large roasting pan, fat side up. Cover with the marinade. Cover the roasting pan tightly with foil. Marinate in the fridge for 24–48 hours. Let those juices do their flavorful magic!
3. Roast at 300 ̊F for 4 hours, or 40 minutes per pound. Remove the foil after 4 hours, place under the high broil for a few minutes to lightly char the top. Transfer to a cutting board and slice. Put the slices back in the juices. Serve hot. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 310 calories, 9g fat, 321mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, and 47g protein
Help me spread the fitness truth... If you know any friends, family or co-workers who would enjoy my newsletter give them a subscription by using the ’Refer a Friend’ link below!
Connect w/ Elite Physiques
San Francisco, CA
Can't say enough good things about this boot camp! It has given me more energy throughout the day and has helped me loose weight for my upcoming wedding. Mychael is awesome and I love the people in the class. It's a great workout!
Mychael has helped me to achieve goals that I, frankly, never thought possible. I have been overweight since childhood and Mychael has helped me to lose 70 lbs! In the first six months alone, I dropped 50 lbs through a combination of workout and nutrition programs provided by Mychael. I've gone from 40%+ bodyfat to UNDER 18%! Mychael's been a joy to work with - he'll push you but at a pace that is good for you and where you will see great results.
It's all about getting me motivated... if you are even remotely competitive -with yourself or with others- then this boot camp is perfect. People come in all different shapes, sizes and fitness levels, however, Mychael finds a way to make it appropriately challenging for everyone. There is some routine to the class, but every day we work different muscle groups and do different activities. For me, the best part is watching the sun rise over the Marina. Breathing in fresh air as I drip sweat instead of sucking in recycled air in the gym. I love this Bootcamp, and enjoy working out with Mychael. I highly recommend it!! ~Colleen M.We really love your class. You are truly a motivational and spirited trainer. Thank you again for being Fantastic!
LOVE Mychael’s Boot Camp. HATE the gym. It's an early rise to get out there for your day's workout, but you will realize how much energy you have and also realize how much time it saves. Working out in the evenings or at night keeps me awake anyway. Mychael is awesome. He motivates you to get as much of the workout in, but hey... if you can't finish the last pushup it's no big deal. If I had to do the same workout alone at a gym there's no way I would have as much motivation. I wouldn't even know what exercises to do. Mychael truly encourages you to do your best and I can see the results. Three months after my first class and I'm an addict. ~Sandra B.
I am a procrastinator when it comes to working out but I'm also highly competitive and this pushes me to the limits. Mychael knows his stuff and is willing to correct your form so that you achieve the best results and he really cares about the clients. It is very affordable and over all I feel that I am getting more out of it than I pay. It's only been a few weeks but I feel like my energy level has improved and I am starting to notice changes in my body. If you are a person who has a distaste for conventional gyms then Mychael’s Fit Camp is definitely the way to go! ~Michelle R.Just wanted to send you a little note to say thank you. We absolutely LOVE your class and are excited about continuing. I can already feel muscles that I use to feel when I had a good workout with my prior trainer! LolI know you are probably use to complaining and whining, but we just wanted to say thank you for all of your efforts and guidance!~Devon S.